Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Little Delayed but. . .The Holidays Were GREAT!

Hi everyone! It's been a little while but we're still around and Thanksgiving and Christmas have come and gone as quick as ever. It was so fun reading about everyone elses holiday fun, you all have so many good traditions and cute kids! So even though I'm a kinda slow I wanted to share some of what we've been up to over the past holiday season.

Thanksgiving was good as always. We spent most of the day with Mike's family. His mom was in the process of moving so we had dinner at her Stake Center then played a few games and visited with family. I'm glad we had the chance to see them all even though we were missing a couple of his sisters. That weekend all the girls on my side of the family have a fun tradition of spending the night at a hotel and shopping til we drop. Well, I dropped first I think, but we had tons of fun and next year I won't be pregnant so I plan on NOT dropping first! I'm so lucky to have such great family, especially my Mom and Sisters!

We spent December getting ready for Christmas. My kids love this time of year and always keep us in the spirit of the season. Some of the highlights of the month:
  • We got to go down to Sanpete (to my Dad's property) and cut down a Christmas tree. It was beautiful weather and Mike found a perfect tree for us after only about 5 minutes of looking.
  • We had several family and ward Christmas parties
  • ate lots of yummy food
  • ice skated
  • played out the Nativity
  • saw Santa a couple of times
  • ate more yummy food
  • played in the snow
  • had a Christmas piano recital
  • saw a couple of good movies
  • did some last minute shopping
  • took Trenton to get stitches (he had to miss his Kindergarten Christmas program:( )
  • got new jammies on Christmas Eve
  • woke up way too early on Christmas Day
  • opened up way too many presents
  • played with Dallon's new lizard (yes I know we're a little crazy)
  • made our Mii's on the new Wii, then played and played and played the Wii
  • attemped to take the kids skiing but had to come home 'cause all the equipment had already been rented out (very disappointed kids!)
  • stayed up too late on New Year's at the hotel with all of my family
  • ate more yummy food
  • played more Wii
  • enjoyed all our time we got to spend together as a family!

This is a little slide show of some of our adventures over the holidays. We are so blessed and I'm sooo thankful for my wonderful family and all the good things we enjoy at this time of year and always!


1 comment:

Kallie said...

Cute pictures. I liked the who family, what a fun idea. It looks like you got the basement done. You should post pictures of it.