It's already halfway through September and I'm spinning in circles trying to keep up with everyone. Soccer is back on. We only have 2 playing this year which helps with the schedule but there's always something else to fill in the time. Landon still plays on a competition team and loves it. They are doing okay. They moved up a division and some of the teams are a little tougher than last year. With 2 practices a week and 2 games a week it keeps us busy. Trenton is also playing this year again and loves it too. His practices and games are all lumped together on Saturdays which makes it easier on the schedule. His team is called the Gold Dragons and he scored the first goal in his first game which made him pretty proud. Dallon decided not to play soccer this year as none of his friends are playing either. I think he'll try basketball this year for the first time, he loves playing it with his friends at recess.
Landon, Dallon and Abbee all started piano lessons again this month thanks to my wonderful cousin Jenni. She is coming to our house on Fridays so I don't have one more place to taxi the kids to. It's awesome and the kids are enjoying being able to play the piano again. Thanks Jen!
Landon and Dallon are still very involved in scouts and Landon just earned his Tenderfoot rank and is working on his Second Class. I can't believe he'll be 12 in just 4 months. He is so excited to become a deacon and go on some of the longer Boy Scout camps. Dallon is almost done with his Bear in Cub scouts and will be a Webelos in November. My kids are growing up way too fast!
Abbee is now enjoying Activity Days and is taking a break from dance this year. I think the competition thing was not for her and she said she didn't want to dance this year. She wants to get back into gymnastics, so we'll probably start that next month.
Our family had the opportunity to sing in Sacrament Meeting last week which was a little nerve racking (at least for me). We sang 'Teach Me to Walk in the Light'. The kids sang the 1st verse alone, then Mike and I sang the 2nd verse (good for Mike, not so good for me) and we all sang the last verse together. It ended up being okay and we all felt good about the experience. Our kids are so talented, sometimes it's scarry.
Our garden turned out alright this year even though we got things planted a little late. We've had some awesome peppers and cucumbers and even a couple of cantaloupe and a watermelon and honeydew. We have lots of pumpkins that will be ready for Halloween and even enough tomatoes for me to do a batch of Salsa! yummy! Mike's dad gave us some peaches last week so I bottled some of those too. Oh, I'm so home-ecky becky aren't I? Who ever thought I would get a kick out of doing stuff like that!
We are about 3/4 done with our basement and trying to finish it before Thanksgiving. It is a big project but one we are having fun with. Mike and I laid tile and painted base boards all day yesterday, we'll lay more tile on Friday and hopefully hang doors soon too. It's all coming together and I am so glad I have such a hard working and talented, 'do it all', husband. He is amazing at just about everything.
Okay, sorry this is such a long post but so much has been going on the past couple of weeks that I just haven't taken the time to write anything down. This seemed like a good way to let everyone know what we've been up to. Maybe we'll have pictures and even a little more excitment next time!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh you guys are busy! I am just now learning how crazy life gets with my kids' activities. I guess it makes life fun.
My goodness you family seems busy. Looking back to my childhood I was involved in so many activites - now reading your blog I wonder how my mom did it with so many of us. You moms do wonders!
Ok, I always knew you were Superwoman, but do you really have to make the rest of us look so bad?!?!?! Just kidding, but you are amazing! How about Nedatrol party after soccer?
Michelle! Oh my goodness! You guys are busy! We finally started blogging! :) Glad everything seems to be going good! you guys are so cute! I loved reading about Abby when you found out you were having a boy! Congrats!
Post a Comment